Designation of Ultra-light Flying Device Pilot Training Institute
- Title: Designation and Management of Drone Pilot Training Institute
- Purpose: To review the drone pilot training institute including its designation and consistent compliance with the requirements for the systematic training of drone pilots
- Procedure for designating a training institute
Document Application → Document review → On-site inspection → Inspection report → Notification of results
30 items are reviewed with regard to human resources, equipments, and facilities as per the relevant laws and announced designation procedure
- Criteria for designating a training institute
- Human resources including instructors: Violation of aviation act, flight history, capacity to provide practical training, etc.
- Equipment criteria: Appropriateness of training aircraft (insurance, maintenance) and flight simulators
- Facilities criteria: Classroom, practicing room, lighting/skylight, safety facilities, etc.
- Training regulation, Operation status, Criteria for training operation, Operational status based on legal criteria, etc.
- Designated training institutes: 139 institutes as of April 2020
Information on each individual institute can be found on the aviation training portal (www.kaa.atims.kr)